Monday, March 4, 2013

Commute from HELL !

After I left the rig to attend my friend Vanessa's wedding I didn't really think I would come back so soon. Anyways, things changed and I found out I was gonna be coming back out here. Im sure you all know my typical commute, driver --> airport --> hotel---> heliport--> rig. It is already kinda a production. Well my manager informs me that the day after the wedding I need to be in New Orleans. 

I wake up super early ( actually like at 9 ) then I head to Houston with the pups. I then go pack try to get all my stuff together because I haven't been home in forever. I get home pack, walk the dogs, I started to doze off then my driver is here to take me to my office so another driver can take me to new orleans. I get to the office there are 2 other guys so im thinking this wont be to bad the SUV will fit us comfortably. Then the SUV pulls up with 3 passengers already in it. FML now its gonna be crowded and this is a six hour ride. Then the guys say, omg I can't believe how hard it is to get a hotel, I wonder whats going on. Then I realize my manager never booked me a hotel. I call him and the only available hotel is the ghetto ass days inn motel, I know I can be dramatic, but this is exactly how I would describe the hotel. There were huge glass windows that opened to the outside covered by a sheer curtain, that had strange stains on it. The bed was like super springy. The carpets were crusty, like you heard them crunch when you walked in the door. I was sure I was going to be on an episode of 48 hours, New Orleans edition. I kept thinking of all the guys at the double tree enjoying a nice white clean comforter and freshly fluffed pillows. At least this hotel stay was for only like 2 hours. I have my 3 am wake up call then, drive an hour and half to the heliport. Then I have to wait 6 hours for my flight. ALL I WANT IS A NAP AT THIS POINT. Its hard to nap when its like grand central station and loud ass helicopters are flying in and out. My helicopter takes me to the rig and Its not as bad as my first 3 flights, Im not tearing up  or playing out traumatic water evac. events or crashes in my mind. I still wouldn't say I am fine and dandy in a helicopter over the gulf. It was nice to come back to the same rig and see some familiar faces. So Im not the lonely new girl. I didn't get much sleep when I got here, so I am now exhausted in the unit! 

I think I'm gonna be out here for 4 weeks. Don't worry, I don't need to go on suicide watch just yet. The first two will be good, then the last two will be the worst. I have it in my mind that all the extra money I make is going in the Vegas Vacation fund for me and my sisters. Rachy boo is turning 21 and me n Kelso need to show her a good time. Kelsey I cant wait to play our 20 dollar DEAL OR NO DEAL GAME lol 

DOUBLE OR NOTHING, Would you like to switch the case? 

Well we are tripping so I gotta go! EMAIL or FB Me I need to stay connected with the outside world so I don't go crazy : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment