Monday, February 25, 2013


Murphys Law
If anything can go wrong, it will. ( I think I inherited this from my dad) 

I get called out the the rig one week before I have scheduled time off for my best friends wedding. I am out here with a guarantee that I will be leaving on the 25th. This guarantee does not include weather related issues. 



I am so annoyed my chopper cancelled! In addition to not leaving, I have to unpack, work another shift,  cancel my flight, rebook a flight for tomorrow. And after waiting on the helicopter yesterday, I am exhausted. The helicopter delay conveniently took place during my sleeping hours. I want to go home try on my dress and get ready for the wedding! I want to see my dogs and friends and family.  Today at work I have been pretty busy, which is good because I am learning. It is hard to mentally stay here when you were supposed to be home! I cant change the weather, but I am so annoyed. Being out here is like being trapped, I can't ride a bike down the street or run to the store bc i'm in the mood for something. It sucks. They say I will be working 4-2 shifts meaning 4 weeks on 2 weeks off. 4 weeks or 336 hours then 2 weeks off, like is it worth it? I could do a 2 weeks on 1 week off or preferably a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Oh well I gotta figure stuff out. But for now I just wanna go home!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This would drive me crazy! Thinking I was coming home and then to find out my flight is a no go!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete