Thursday, February 21, 2013

I finally can post the blog I wrote on the first day!


Welcome to the Fabulous Titanium Explorer

After I fly to New Orleans and drive to the heliport. I take off for my permanent rig assignment. My company has a 5 year contract with the Titanium Explorer and I will do my Mudlogging and Data Engineer time on this ship (it will not take me 5 years to move up by the way). After that I will hopefully be in a office traveling around the world. Until then I will have to make the best of rig life. 

I land on the Titanium explorer and am greeted with hand shakes and smiles, my bags are carried for me down the stairs and It was just a better all around first day experience on the rig. My company is notified that I am here, and they give me a tour. I feel very welcome and I don’t feel lost. Im am told I am working nights, which I don’t particularly hate. I work from 6pm to 6am. The people I work with are all pretty cool. There are a lot more smiles and laughter. Especially compared to the previous crew I worked with. 

My room is great there is a 42” flat screen and a couch. The bathroom is bigger and there is a lot more storage. I would compare it to a studio apartment. The last rig I was on had a room that looked more like a Mexican prison. The gym is nice also, I ran 2.5 Km today :) 

I’m not sure if I ate dinner, lunch or breakfast, because who knows what time it is around here, is it am or pm. But they were serving seared Tuna Steaks fresh from the gulf! I am so happy. They have grilled fish, veggies, and a salad bar!. The tuna was great and really seasoned! The chef looks like a edgy girl you would see on a reality cooking show, and she’s really nice! I am so happy that they are not serving pig slop, as my aunt Kelly would call it :) ! 

As for now, I am still stuck in the middle of the ocean, but  at least I am not trying to hitch a ride on a dolphin to get back to shore like I was last hitch! 

My job as a mudlugger, is so much more interesting than my first hitch as a sample catcher. I feel like I actually have a purpose in the process and an important one at that. I really enjoy it. However this is only the first day so hopefully things will remain good! Until then, 

Hillary 

1 comment:

  1. I knew if you would hang in there things would get better. Seared tuna and a salad bar! When you make it to England for a bit can I hitch a ride and stay with you? AUnt Kelly

    ReplyDelete