Saturday, March 16, 2013

what happens when we ASSume?????


This is a mans world........

The nighttime company man, that is really nice to me is back on the rig. He is usually out on the rig floor working. He always tells me that anytime I want a good cup of coffee to just go up to his office and grab one. I was dying for a good cup of coffee tonight so I ran up to the company mans office to grab one. 

When I walked in there was another guy in the office, the main company man. I was like, “Oh hi, I’m Hillary and The nighttime company man said I can grab a cup of coffee”. So he is really friendly and says, “of course grab a cup”. He was talking to me and being really nice. He then says, “ok so I’m gonna need you to come back at 0230 and make sure this office is clean”. I didn’t really know what to say, so I reply with, “and if its not clean do you want me to call someone to clean it, I’m not quite sure I understand”. He says, “Just make sure it gets done tonight, tell the galley guys if you have to..” So at this point I understand now whats going on.... he thinks im the friggin cleaning lady haha.... I didn’t have my PPE/ Uniform on because we can’t wear it in the accommodations, so its not like I’m dressed in Schlumberger blue. So I say, “well I don’t really have communication with the galley, or anyone in the housekeeping department”. He then looks at me inquisitively, eyes squinting, ....”where do you work?” I respond with “GEO department.” He looks shocked and embarrassed, “YOUR A GEOLOGIST!?” 
I say, “yes lol no worries”. I then just smile ! We then laugh and start talking, it was a total honest mistake. He said I should have introduced myself to him earlier...and then said I am welcome to coffee at any time. WOW my life has drastically changed since the cup of KEURIG coffee is the highlight of my day out here. (Missing my Nespresso!) 

                               ...But it wouldn’t be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment