Sunday, March 24, 2013

...9 more days!


Story Time 

Exposition: Last week I had to switch rooms when the crew change happened, there was some confusion but it was sorted out. Tonight, I am walking to the nightly safety meeting and then to lunch. I am walking down the stairs and am now cornered, by a guy whom I have never met, I’m not sure if I have even seen him on the rig. He works in the drilling department, I notice from the personality stickers on his helmet....HARDHAT ( I really need to stop calling them helmets). The stickers are red and yellow, which means pushy, mean, impatient. Ill talk about that in a few. Anyways Im awkwardly cornered by a rando with like a half smile on my face. 

Rando - “Hey so did they find you a room”? 
Me- “ ummm yeah” a little confused because this was like a week ago
Rando - “Oh Ok ..... well I wanted you to know that you can room with me”. (he’s smiling really big) 

(crickets chirping, Im not saying anything .... there is like no expression on my face what so ever all I can think to do is blink, and I feel my eyelids blinking really hard soooooo awkward) 

hmmm is this where I say thanks but no thanks, laugh, or what? Like I want someone to tell me where the line is between sexual harassment and taking a joke. I have no idea at this point. Seriously ... I guess I will just have to learn how to deal with these drilldos and get over it. 

Me- half smiling “....UGHHH haha (awkward fake laugh) No Thanks........., maneuvering my way down the stairs. 


Vantage Personalities
Vantage is so awesome, (this is the drilling company) they have all of their employees take a personality test. Everyone is different so the way you communicate to one person might not necessarily work for another person. I am Blue Green, which means I want to know exactly how to do my job, and get really good directions before starting a task. I don’t respond well to getting yelled at in front of people. Loyal, friendly, very supportive. I basically have a good personality. The drill people have like crazy personalities. This personality test is soooo cool! I love that their company does it. I will have to look up the specifics of each personality to share with you guys its really cool. 

State of Mind
So the past few days have been kinda lonely out here and I’m mentally drained. Four weeks is a long time and I haven’t slept in my bed in  like 5 weeks. Its sad watching crew changes people leaving who got out here after I did going home before me, Im starting to feel like I’m on alcatraz again. Tonight was a hard night I started listening to “sitting on the dock of the bay” and sat looking over the side of the ship. 



(SITTIN' ON) THE DOCK OF THE BAY
- written by Otis Redding and Steve Cropper
- lyrics as recorded by Otis Redding December 7, 1967, just three
days before his death in a plane crash outside Madison, Wisconsin
- #1 for 4 weeks in 1968

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

I left my home in Georgia
Headed for the 'Frisco bay
'Cause I've had nothing to live for
And look like nothin's gonna come my way

So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes

Sittin' here resting my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
It's two thousand miles I roamed
Just to make this dock my home

Now, I'm just gonna sit at the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Oooo-wee, sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

(whistle) 

Coffee and Conversation 
The company man and I have coffee and conversation ever now and then. He is a really nice guy I love his stories. He gave me some advice.... get out and go see the world! I need to listen!

Anyways, The COMan  gave me some GOLD information he said since he was little he has gone crabbing in Galveston. He gave me directions to the best secret place to go crabbing. Im so excited, Im debating hijacking a lifeboat to come home and go crabbing. He said a full cooler of crabs guaranteed in an hour. He also has a sail boat and told me where I can go to learn how to sail, that is on my list of things to do since I’ve been learning about boats. Im making plans to go to the Kemah Boardwalk as soon as I get home, and Rachel and I are going Crabbing.  Our coffee convo got me out of my bad mood I was in. 

Kemah Boardwalk 







Thanks mom for the itunes card! I love FB GIFTS Best Idea Ever!!!!!!!!!!!
I also love all the 60’s music ideas you gave me also. 



1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your blog Hillary Enjoyed the lyrics and photos too
    Soon you will be sitting on the dock of the bay in Galveston with a cooler full of crabs!

    ReplyDelete