Friday, January 4, 2013

Tuna Fishing

My Daily Schedule 
It is my second day, my actual job is non stop gathering samples from the shaker room. Which is kind of like a huge shaking room with mud. I gather the samples wash them and place them in many different bags for all the clients. I then assist the well site geologist at looking at the rock samples. I am learning a lot from him. 

12 Hour shifts do not go by fast and are no fun at all. Its like a never ending day. Its cold outside but in the unit its very stuffy. The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) we have to wear makes it hotter. So the highlight of my day is taking a shower in a tiny bathroom swaying from wall to wall because of the waves. I'm not sure how shaving is gonna turn out. The first thing I will do when I get home is take a bubble bath in my beautiful garden tub! and poor myself a glass (bottle of wine). 

Today at breakfast, at 10:30 pm I kind of felt like I was in a prison cafeteria. Or one of those juvenile scared straight programs. Breakfast consisted of pizza with breakfast bacon cooked in the cheese. So if you know me you know I HATE BACON !!!! I would compare the food here to that of golden coral. 

Anyways I wish I was writing about a glorious experience but then I would not be blogging, I would be delusional. 

Tuna Fishing 
After my shift today, I am going to go tuna fishing. The ship has all the materials needed and the fishing rods and reels are HUGE! There is a station to clean your fish and package them, freeze them, then you take it on the helicopter back with you. Its pretty cool. 

1 comment: