Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Good News!


Today
So today I got to hang out with the paleo guys, and look at some cool nano fossils under the microscrope. The fossils are correlated with geologic time so we know where we are down hole. Paleo guys are really nice, they are similar to geologists with the earthy laid back personality. (Engineers, not so much sorry kelso :/) 
Heres a pic of  an example of a nano fossil under a microscope. 
Its funny because the company man (picture a mixture of Jerry Jones and Papa), will ask the paleo guys, "Did ya find the bugs you were lookin for or not" lol I guess I think its funny that he calls the nano fossils bugs.

The Geologist said that we are not finding oil at this well, and that we are a few million years late in drilling. He then looked at me shrugged and said, "well if you snooze you lose". I thought this was also funny. 

Bottoms Up! 

After working 8 hours out of my 12 hour shift today, our unit gets the call. TD! TD stands for Total Depth, as in thats as far as we will drill. Bottoms up is the term used for the time it takes the last sample/cuttings to come up the hole for me to take. When I hear this I start packing my bag and getting ready to go, but apparently there is a lot of work left. This work includes; packaging samples, labeling, cleaning, loading boxes, getting the unit ready for the next hitch ect. So I will be doing that today, tomorrow, and half of Thursday. Thursday I will work from midnight to 6am, (when I hear this I’m thinking are you serrriiouuuusssss, LET ME SLEEPPPP) then I’m heliported back to Houma, La, then shuttled to New Orleans Airport. Im am pretty sure there is a bar at New Orleans airport, that I will be stopping at for sure! 

Things can always change, I am learning that well! However, as of now I will be in my wonderful tub full of bubbles, drinking wine, with a green face mask on, cucumbers on my eyes by Thursday night! 

I really can’t wait to see my little maltipoo angels, play dominoes, cook dinner and play dance central with Rachel. 

2 comments:

  1. lol yeah i wouldn't describe many engineers as "laid back" either
    those fossils are pretty though! They look like flowers
    glad you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you will be back on solid land soon !!

    ReplyDelete