Thursday, January 10, 2013


My Commute Home
I work a six hour shift, head to my room then pack up my stuff. I then head to the helipad. I hear people talking about how three helicopters canceled today due to severe weather. I start thinking what would be worse staying on a the rig, or flying over the ocean in severe weather......staying on the rig for sure. Prior to every flight we are required watch a safety video, the helicopter lands so its time to go. I walk up steep stairs and I can feel the air from the choppers propellers. My scarf is flying all over the place and I’m sure my hair is going crazy. Im tempted to duck but none of the guys in front of me are walking crunched over. So I just follow them. This helicopter ride was like some black hawk down s$%*. I felt like the clouds were playing soccer with us. Finally we land and its storming and thundering.  Im excited to turn my cell phone on, only to be greeted with a severe weather alert New Orleans and surrounding areas. I have an hour drive to the airport now. Once at airport, flight is delayed. FML I feel like this is the never ending commute! I have been up forever it seems like, I head to the bar take a shot of whisky and wonder why people are looking at me. I notice they are eating, eggs and stuff. OMG its like 10am. How embarrassing, even in New Orleans 10am is early for a shot of whisky. (kicking myself, why didn’t I just order a bloody mary?) Oh well it feels like midnight to me so It doesn’t matter. 

Flight was turbulent, but to tired to care. I landed, got picked up in a stylish SUV, and now I’m home GOODNIGHT! 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for helping me. I love you Hill. Please come back and give me another lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hill, It sounds like you had a good day but very busy. I hope this gets to you. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete